- Program Policies
- Paths that are already adopted
- Volunteer Agreement Form
- Activity Reporting Form
- Safety Requirements
- Release and Waiver of Liability Form
- Sign request form
- Where to get vests and trash bags for clean up
- Interested in Tempe's Adopt-A-Park program?
- Interested in Tempe's Adopt-A-Street program?
- Watch our Adopt-A-Street Video
- Watch our Adopt-A-Park Video
- Watch our Adopt-A-Path Video
Tempe’s Adopt-A-Path program allows individuals, businesses and organizations to help maintain and remove litter, weeds and graffiti from Tempe’s multi-use paths. The program is a way to coordinate year-round opportunities for neighborhood groups, community organizations and local businesses to continue to enhance the appearance, safety and cleanliness of Tempe paths.
The Adopt-A-Path Program supports litter control and storm water management throughout Tempe, while providing residents with an opportunity to do something positive for the community by volunteering to keep our neighborhood clean.
Most paths are available for adoption. The length of an adoptable path is a minimum of one mile, but no more than two miles. The commitment is a few hours each cleaning period with a minimum of one clean up every three months for two years. Signs providing information related to the litter control effort and crediting the volunteer or sponsor organization are paid for and installed by the city.
To adopt a path, call 480-350-8428, complete a volunteer agreement form and a sign request form and mail them to: City of Tempe Transportation Division, Attn: Steve Horstman at PO Box 5002, Tempe, AZ 85280 or fax them to 480-858-2097. You will be contacted after the forms have been received to go over the agreement and schedule the Adopt-A-Path sign installation to recognize your organization for helping to keep Tempe paths clean.
Once approved to Adopt-A-Path:
1) Have all volunteers sign the Release and Waiver of Liability Form.
2) Call 480-350-8428 at least two weeks in advance to schedule the event and reserve safety vests and litter bags for your group.
3) Pick up safety vests and litter bags at the Transportation Maintenance building located at 945 West Rio Salado Pkwy.
4) Review the Adopt-A-Path safety requirements with all volunteers at or prior to the event.
5) Have the event and complete the activity report form.
6) Return safety vests and the activity reporting form to the City.
Call 480-350-8428 or send an e-mail to Steve Horstman to find out more about adopting a path.