Teddy bears? T-shirts? Towels? Toys?
Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona was awarded a contract to reuse and recycle textiles and household items through the city’s procurement process. As a result, the City of Tempe can now take more items in our textile donation bins throughout the city. This program has been immensely popular with residents and helps us as we work toward Council goals for diversion and recycling.
The blue bins marked “Textiles” have been replaced with white bins marked “Donations.” Acceptable items include:
|clothing||shoes||curtains||blankets||bed sheets//pillow cases
|fabric scraps||cloth table cloths||towels||hats||reusable shopping bags
|belts||stuffed animals||purses||gently used toys||gently used home décor*|
|household items *|
*(no ceramic or glass items)
All items must be dry and free of mold, dirt and grease. Whenever possible, keep paired shoes together by binding or tying the shoes laces. Do NOT leave items on the ground and do not throw items in the bin that may break. ** Items must be able to fit in the bin opening and should be no more than one-foot high by two-feet wide. **
City of Tempe textile recycling containers are located at the following locations:
- Arizona Historical Society Museum: 1300 N. College Ave.
- Jaycee Park: 817 W. 5th St. (entrance on Hardy Rd.)
- Household Products Collection Center: 1320 E. University Dr.
- Kiwanis Park: 6111 S. All American Way, parking lot west of All American Way
- Tempe Police Substation (south Tempe): 8201 S. Hardy Dr.
- Tempe Library: 3500 S. Rural Rd.
- Tempe Field Operations: 55 S. Priest Dr.
Please join other Tempe residents in keeping items out of the landfill whenever possible. For additional information, please call Tempe 311 at 480-350-4311.
Everyone wins when we recycle more.
For additional information, please call Tempe 311 at (480) 350-4311.