The cultural center of the East Valley and a diverse and exciting city to police, Tempe is a growing community of over 160,000 residents. Bordered by Phoenix, Mesa, Scottsdale, Chandler, Guadalupe and the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community, Tempe is home to Arizona State University, the Mill Avenue District, spring training baseball, Tempe Town Lake and hundreds of special events each year.
Want to see more?
Click here to get a look inside Tempe PD
Tempe PD is committed to fighting crime and emphasizes implementing technology systems and intelligence sharing with other law enforcement agencies to accomplish our goals. The effectiveness of these efforts is demonstrated by the high citizen satisfaction level on our Annual Survey with over 80% reporting satisfied or highly satisfied.
Our challenges remain as we build on our success. We continue to develop effective, innovative ways to fight crime while providing the highest quality police service our residents expect and deserve. We are improving our partnerships with an ever-growing, increasingly mobile, dense and diverse urban community; which borders the sixth largest city in the US and is home to the largest university in the country. Vertical growth, changing demographics and the 24/7 lifestyle of our downtown combined with a community feel like no other make Tempe an amazing city to police.
If you are ready and want to be part of the finest police department in the state, we challenge you to participate in our police officer recruit and lateral testing process.
- Fighting Crime & Enhancing Community Safety
- Promoting Community Involvement
- Supporting & Developing Employees
- Enhancing Innovation & Technology
- Honor - we will be honorable in our principles, intentions and actions.
- Integrity - we value honest communication and our actions match our words.
- Loyalty - we are committed to fellow employees and the community we serve.
- Dedication - we are devoted to the delivery of effective and efficient police services.
Tempe PD is seeking the best, most diverse candidates for the position of police officer recruit and lateral. The City of Tempe is an equal opportunity employer.