Become Part of the Tempe Team!
Welcome to the City of Tempe’s job opportunities webpage! Tempe is an employer who values its people, creativity, quality service, integrity, open communication, mutual respect, and diversity. Tempe also offers competitive pay and benefits. Note that applications are only accepted during the posted recruitment period. For more information on current jobs available, please click on one of the links below.
Regular Jobs Available
All regular, benefited positions available with the City of Tempe are listed here. Please read the following carefully before clicking the Regular Jobs Available link below.
- NOTE: The latest version of Firefox (37.0.1) is causing an error and not allowing the link to open so users should try a different browser such as IE or Chrome to open the jobs link for the time being.
- Most popular browsers are supported with our new on-line application system. However, when using Internet Explorer version 10 or newer, you must add the tempe.gov URL to your Compatibility View Settings, otherwise your application may not be saved or submitted.
- Do not use your browser's back or forward buttons, instead use only the links or buttons within the system to navigate between pages.
- Current City of Tempe employees must apply through PeopleSoft Self-Service, including temporary and/or probationary employees.
- To be eligible as an internal applicant you must be a current regular City of Tempe employee and have completed your initial probationary period at time of application.
- Eligibility requirements for current City of Tempe temporary employees regarding applying for internal recruitments are found in Rule 3, Section 304.C at the following web address: http://www.tempe.gov/index.aspx?page=606.
- The on-line application system will not be available during daily maintenance outage which will occur from 6 a.m. to 7 a.m., 7 days a week.
- Go to Regular Jobs Available.
Temporary Jobs Available
Temporary positions available with the City of Tempe are listed here. Please read the information on the job bulletin carefully for information on where to apply. Go to Temporary Jobs Available .
Employment Law Notices
Please click on one of the links below to view the corresponding notice.
Right to Work-English; Right to Work-Spanish
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Arizona Law Prohibits Discrimination in Employment Employee Rights & Responsibilities Under the Family & Medical Leave Act Your Rights Under USERRA Notice to Applicants Working With Children
Application and Hiring Process
Contains general information on our application process, requirements and more.
Contains a general summary of employee benefits.
Subscribe to List Server
Subscribe to an automatic email of newly posted jobs.
Additional Job Search Resources
View the City of Tempe Library Learning & Career website.
Map to Tempe Human Resources
A map to the main office of Human Resources.
It is our policy to ensure equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons based solely on an individual’s ability to perform the essential functions of a job without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, familial status, age, disability, and United States military veteran status.
City of Tempe is in compliance with the Smoke Free Arizona Act
City of Tempe Human Resources |20 E. Sixth Street, First Floor | Tempe, AZ 85281
Phone (480) 350-8276 | Fax (480) 350-8060
Job Hotline (480) 350-8217 | Employment Verification (480) 350-8605
Hours of Operation: 7:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday