Since 1988, the City of Tempe has proudly supported and sponsored the Tempe Mayor’s Disability Awards. These awards honor achievements of exceptional individuals with disabilities, employers who have demonstrated a strong commitment to employing people with disabilities, and others who have shown dedication for improving the quality of life for all Tempe residents.
Register to Attend!
There are four ways you can register to attend the Mayor's Disability Awards:
- Call 480-350-2770 to leave a message at our RSVP Registration Line. Leave a message with your name, spelling it out, business name (if applicable), address, e-mail, and phone number. Please indicate if you need a disability accommodation to enjoy the celebration. If others are coming with you, please provide their information also.
- E-mail Michele Stokes at Michele_stokes@tempe.gov with your name, business name (if applicable), address, e-mail address, and phone number. Please indicate if you need any disability accommodations to enjoy the celebration. If others are coming with you please provide their information also.
- Call the number above via 711 Telecommunications Relay Service. Leave a message with your name, spelling it out, business name, address, e-mail, and phone number. Please indicate if you need a disability accommodation to enjoy the celebration. If others are coming with you please provide their information also.
- Mail or in person -- Michele Stokes, 31 E. Fifth St., Tempe, AZ 85281. Provide your name, business name (if applicable), address, e-mail address, and phone number. Please indicate if you need a disability accommodation to enjoy the celebration. If others are coming with you please provide their information also.
Become a Sponsor!
Click here for the Sponsorship Packet and Sponsorship Commitment Form
Nominate Someone for a Disability Award!
Click here for the online nomination form.
Outstanding Tempe Student Employer of the year
Business Leadership Valued Community Service
Exceptional Educator Accessibility
Advocacy Award Pride of the City
To be eligible for an award nominees must work, live, attend school or impact people in Tempe.
Award Category Details
- Outstanding Student – The Tempe Diablos provide scholarships that recognize outstanding Tempe high school seniors with disabilities who demonstrate dedication and success as a student, employee or volunteer.
- Employer of the Year – Honors a Tempe business or organization that employs individuals with disabilities.
- Exceptional Educator – Honors a teacher, school staff member or school support person who has provided exceptional education and support to students with disabilities.
- Business Leadership Award – Recognizes a business that has improved access or increased employment opportunities for Tempe residents with disabilities.
- Accessibility Award – Recognizes a business or Tempe resident, architect, developer, planner or Tempe city department that has improved access for the physically challenged to private or public buildings, outdoor spaces, transportation and other areas.
- Advocacy Award -- Honors individual, organization or business that has demonstrated leadership by raising awareness, advocating, or improving systems, opportunities and services for people with disabilities.
- Valued Community Service – Honors a person, organization or business that has made a significant contribution by providing or improving personal and community support for individuals with disabilities.
- Pride of the City – Recognizes an individual, group, business or organization that has demonstrated a long term commitment to improving the quality of life for all the residents of Tempe.
Be a part of this important event by
- Submitting a nomination (click here for the online nomination form)
- Being a financial sponsor --Click here for the Sponsorship Packet
- Attending the celebration on April 12, 2016 (see registration information above)
FOR MORE INFORMATION or to request a presentation on event information:
City of Tempe – Diversity Office
31 East 5th Street, Tempe, AZ 85281
Relay Service Users: 711
Access and cultural accommodations are available. The facility and stage is wheelchair accessible. Listening System and ASL Interpreters are provided. Program will be in large print. This event is smoke-free and fragrance-free; Buffet may include foods prepared in locations containing dairy, wheat or nuts. Buffet will include vegan selections. Please indicate if the following is requested:
___ No photographs
___ Live Captioning
___ Signed English
___ Tactile Interpretation
___ Braille Program
___ Other: ______________________
Contact Michele_Stokes@tempe.gov to discuss.