- The Tempe Adult Diversion Program is an option for offenders who have no prior criminal offenses in any jurisdiction. You must be formally charged with a criminal misdemeanor offense in the City of Tempe and you do not want to contest the charges.
- The Tempe Adult Diversion Program deals with participants in a meaningful, positive manner by placing them in a supervised, community based program of redirection.
- To participate in the Adult Diversion program you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a first time offender formally charged with a non-traffic criminal misdemeanor offense in the City of Tempe. Not have any criminal misdemeanor or felony convictions as an adult in any jurisdiction. Discovery of prior convictions at any time while participating in the program will result in automatic revocation from the program.
- Not have previously participated in a misdemeanor or felony Adult Diversion Program in any jurisdiction.
- Not have other criminal charges pending in any jurisdiction.
- Make restitution to the victim if applicable.
- Complete a psychosocial assessment and sign the contract stipulating the assigned program requirements.
- Assume responsibility for your offense(s).
- Cooperate with the Adult Diversion Program.
- Sign the Covenant Not to Sue the victim and the State.
- The Adult Diversion Program attempts to redirect the first offender toward more positive and responsible behavior by referring to counseling and other services where needed.
- Successful completion of the program will result in the dismissal of the participant's criminal charges(s). The program participant avoids the stigma and repercussions of a criminal conviction.
- Participants are required to contact the Human Services Offices at 480-350-5400 (Monday - Friday 8:00 AM-5:00 PM) and schedule their intake appointment by their court ordered contact deadline date.
IF YOU ARE RESIDING OUT OF STATE AND WISH TO COMPLETE YOUR PROGRAM OUT OF STATE, AN OUT OF STATE REQUEST MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE
Tempe Public Library (2nd Floor)
3500 South Rural Road
Tempe, AZ 85282
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM -5:00 PM
(Our phone lines will be down from 11:30-12:00 each
day for lunch but our office is still open to walk in clients.)
SATURDAY HOURS: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM***If contacting our office on Saturday, please call 480-350-5401