Public Projects at Town Lake

Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Completed Public Projects

Tempe Beach Park
Built originally in 1931 and reopened in 1999, this is Tempe's largest event venue and most renowned park, hosting special events including Ironman Arizona, the state's largest Fourth of July celebration and dozens more.

Neil G. Giuliano Park
Stretching from Tempe Beach Park to Rural Road, this park also transitions the public recreation space and the living and office space of Hayden Ferry Lakeside. Sun Devil Stadium is located adjacent to Giuliano Park.  

Town Lake Marina
Many of Tempe's boating classes and clubs operate from the Town Lake Marina. This project includes boat storage, a safe harbor and a special event amphitheater

Tempe Center for the Arts
A community visual and performing arts center with theaters, meeting space and a gallery.

Town Lake Pedestrian Bridge
This bridge allows people to cross from the north to the south side of Tempe Town Lake without the worries of motorized vehicles. 

Veteran's Memorial 
The City of Tempe turned the surviving portion of the Ash Avenue Abutment created a Veterans Memorial upon it, providing a place of contemplation for those who have lost loved ones and a place that honors those who have served our country.

Proposed Public Projects

Boathouse and Welcome Center
Located next to the Town Lake Marina, the three-story building will include boat and equipment storage, a Welcome Center, fitness area, classrooms, multipurpose meeting space and offices, a great room, lounge and catering kitchen.

The Boathouse and Welcome Center is a component of the Water Was Just the Beginning Capital Campaign. As the contractor of the project, Chanen Construction has agreed to contribute a portion of the building costs and to partner with the Rio Salado Foundation who is tasked with raising the remaining funds needed to build the center. For information go to www.riosaladofoundation.org or call (480) 473-0245. The center will be owned and operated by the City of Tempe.