Information Your Way
Tempe has several social media accounts and email lists to help you stay informed. We offer many Facebook accounts, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram. We want to communicate with you the way you want, about the subjects you care most about. From boating to history, public safety to the library, we have you covered. Look to the menu to the left for a complete list of pages. Below you can see the latest posts for some of our accounts. Enjoy!
Reminder: We will be closed Friday, March 31 as Cesar Chávez Recognition Day is a City Holiday.
Who is Cesar Chávez?
"Called "one of the heroic figures of our time" by Robert Kennedy in 1968, César Chávez was a grass-roots labor organizer who rose from the ranks of California migrant workers to form and lead the National Farm Workers Association (NFWA). Now called the United Farm Workers, AFL-CI0, it was the first effective agricultural union in the United States."
- From our subscription database "Biography in Context"
Image: Illustration by Robert Rodriguez for the US Postal Service.
Social Media Guidelines for Users
We have a few friendly rules of the road for our social media accounts.
Your comments that are on topic are welcome and encouraged but please note that social media accounts operated by the City of Tempe have some guidelines to follow. We like to keep our accounts G-rated, friendly and fun. These pages are moderated online discussion sites and not a public forum. The City of Tempe reserves the right to delete submissions that contain:
1. Vulgar language
2. Personal attacks
3. Comments that promote, foster, or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, genetics, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or intellectual disability or sexual orientation
4. Spam or links to other sites
5. Clearly off topic information
6. Illegal activities or the promotion of illegal activities
7. Promotion of particular services, products or political organizations
8. Infringements on copyrights or trademarks
9. Personally identifiable medical information
10. Information that may compromise the safety, security or proceedings of public systems or any criminal or civil investigations
Since everyone is entitled to an opinion and we want to hear yours, the comments expressed on this site do not necessarily reflect the opinions and positions of the City of Tempe government, its officers or employees. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.