The Government Relations Office represents the City’s interests at the federal, state and regional levels of government. Through this representation, the office seeks to build mutually beneficial partnerships between the City of Tempe and other entities. See the City’s legislative principles here.
For questions, contact:
Federal Legislative Information and Links
- Arizona is represented by Senator Jeff Flake and Senator John McCain in the U.S. Congress.
- The City of Tempe is located in Arizona’s 9th Congressional District, represented by U.S. Representative Kyrsten Sinema.
State Elected Officials’ Information and Links
- Three districts of the Arizona State Legislature are within Tempe’s boundaries: 18, 26 and 27. To identify your state legislators and find their contact information, visit the AZ Legislature’s Find My Legislator site.
- The Request to Speak (RTS) system allows you to track and support or oppose bills. You can choose whether or not you’d like to speak in a committee when you have weighed in on a bill. The legislature’s step-by-step RTS guide can be found here.
- Information for the Governor of Arizona, including contact information, can be found at the Governor’s website.
Boards and Organizations
The City of Tempe is represented by Councilmembers at the following organizations:
- Maricopa Association of Governments
- Valley Metro
- Arizona Municipal Water Users Association
- National League of Cities
- U.S. Conference of Mayors
The City of Tempe is a member of the League of Arizona Cities and Towns.
Voter Registration information can be found on the Arizona Secretary of State’s website.