Get your city news emailed to you. Sign up now.
Tempe Police: Week 1 Safe & Sober Campaign Results
Lt. Mike Pooley
Tempe Police in cooperation with the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety (GOHS) and 17 Valley police agencies began another year of the “Safe and Sober” Campaign this past weekend. This three week campaign began last week, Thursday, August 21st and will continue through September 6th. This large scale operation is being funded by a GOHS grant that made it possible to bring all these officers together to do increased enforcement in the City of Tempe.
These officers primarily focused on combatting youth alcohol consumption and other alcohol related crimes, increased patrols, DUI enforcement, and liquor law inspections for licensed premises. These officers are working together to assure we are doing everything we can to keep children, young people and all members of the community safe.
Attached below you will find the results of our first three days of our Safe and Sober campaign. The results indicate we are on the right path and continuing with the campaign is in the best interest of community safety.
- TOTAL ARRESTS: 392
- Total DUI Arrests: 146
- Minor in Possession of Alcohol: 35
- Minor in Consumption of Alcohol:112
- Other Arrests: 99
Below are the participating agencies all funded through GOHS who have or will participate in “Safe and Sober”:
- Apache Junction Police Department
- Arizona State University (ASU) Police Department
- Avondale Police Department
- Buckeye Police Department
- Chandler Police Department
- Department of Liquor Licenses and Control
- Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Gilbert Police Department
- Glendale Police Department
- Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office
- Maricopa Police Department
- Mesa Police Department
- Peoria Police Department
- Pinal County Sheriff’s Office
- Phoenix Police Department
- Salt River Police Department
- Scottsdale Police Department
- Tempe Police Department