Recycle just about anything at Tempe’s Nov. 16 Zero Waste Day
Amanda Nelson, Public Information Officer
Tempe residents are encouraged to clean closets, clear out sheds, purge garages and bring it all to the city’s Zero Waste Day on Nov. 16 from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Tempe Fire Training Facility, 1340 E. University Dr. Collected items will be recycled, reused or disposed of in an environmentally safe manner.
Accepted items include:
- books and school supplies
- building supplies (no cement)
- electronic equipment (calculators, cameras, cell phones, computers and monitors, DVD players, VCRs, telephones, televisions)
- golf balls and sports equipment
- household hazardous waste (cleaning supplies, lawn and pool chemicals, paint, etc.)
- household textiles (clothing, linens, towels)
- belts, hats, shoes, purses, wallets
- soft/stuffed toys
- plastic shopping bags
- appliances (dishwashers, refrigerators, stoves)
- paper, cardboard and other recyclables
All items need to be clean and sanitary.
The event includes free secure document shredding, as well as free compost and paint giveaway (paint limited to 20 gallons per resident). A donation of one canned food item is requested for Tempe Community Action Agency’s food pantry.
Participants must show proof of Tempe residency, such as a driver’s license or utility bill. For more information visit www.tempe.gov/zerowaste or call 480-350-4311.