The Transportation Commission advises and makes recommendations to the City Council and assists City departments and the City Manager regarding:
• a balanced transportation system within Tempe which incorporates all forms of transportation in a unified, interconnected manner and complements land use, making a positive environmental impact through reduction of energy consumption, air pollution and congestion, while promoting economic development and providing mobility for all persons, including elderly and disabled;
• appropriate performance standards and benchmarks for use in evaluating the City’s transportation system and program;
• transportation plans, projects and ordinances;
• elements of prioritized, unified Operating and Capital Improvement Program budgets for transportation; and
• a forum for public hearings and other public involvement mechanisms to assure community-based transportation plans, projects and issues, and to meet all Federal and other guidelines for public involvement in transportation projects where applicable.
The Transportation Commission is composed of fifteen (15) members, who must be Tempe residents and are appointed for a term of three years. The Commission usually meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 7:30 a.m., in the Don Cassano Community Room at the Tempe Transportation Center, 200 East Fifth Street, Tempe. (City Code, Chapter 2, Article V, Division 8)
To view current information and membership, click here.
To access agendas and minutes for meetings prior to 2012, visit the Archives.
Tempe Transportation Commission
- Date: 09/10/2013 7:30 AM - 9:30 AM
- Location: EAST VALLEY BUS OPERATIONS AND MAINTENANCE FACILITY
2050 W. Rio Salado Parkway
Tempe, Arizona 85281